Jack Nicholson said 85% of acting is you. The other 15% is relaxation.

Mr. Nicholson knows a thing or two about acting, wouldn’t you say?

Yet most voice actors-beginners and working pros, ignore Jack’s advice. They just walk into the voice both fresh off the street and don’t take the time to get relaxed and centered before turning on the mic.

Maybe they think they don’t need to relax or maybe they’re just plain lazy, but their work suffers as a result.

This week on my Inside Voice Over Video Training Blog I start a 3-part series on the 3 tenets of voice acting: relaxation, concentration and imagination.

Watch today’s short video and discover why being able to relax matters so much to your voice over performance and get some quick, easy, relaxation tips from the pros.

It’s one of the key things we teach you how to do at our Voice Over Bootcamp Recording Studio Immersion Experience and in our Voice Over Training Institute.

Don’t worry if you’re a bundle of nerves. I promise this works for everyone.

Watch It Here Now

After you watch the video, I want to know your thoughts. Was this helpful? Is relaxation in voice over a challenge for you?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments box. I want to read about what’s on your mind so I can support you.

To your voice over success,

Susan Berkley,
Founder, The Great Voice Company